Celebrate Japan’s Culture Day
Japan Culture Day is a special occasion that invites people to immerse themselves in the beauty and richness of Japanese traditions. This annual celebration offers a window into the heart and soul of Japanese culture, providing a unique opportunity to explore its arts, crafts, literature, and more. In this blog post, we'll delve into what Japan Culture Day is, the events that typically take place, and how you can celebrate this vibrant occasion, even if you're not in Japan.
What Is Japan's Culture Day?
How Is Japan's Culture Day Celebrated?
Events on Culture Day in Japan
- Art exhibitions: Art lovers can explore a wide range of exhibitions featuring traditional and contemporary Japanese art. This includes paintings, sculptures, and other forms of visual expression.
- Traditional performances: The day often features traditional performances such as Noh and Kabuki theater, as well as classical music and dance shows.
- Cultural workshops: Many places offer workshops where attendees can try their hand at various Japanese arts and crafts like origami, pottery, and calligraphy.
- Book fairs: Special book fairs are organized, highlighting Japanese literature and authors. It's a great opportunity to discover new books and delve into Japanese storytelling.
Celebrating Japan's Culture Day from Afar
- If you're a fan of modern-day Japanese cultural phenomena like animated movies, manga, doujinshi, or sofubi, you can purchase original works and merch to support your favorite artists.
- Visit online marketplaces that offer authentic Japanese art and crafts. Consider purchasing handmade signature items like Maneki Nekos, kokeshi dolls, art prints, kimonos, fans, and more.
- Buy books by Japanese authors, read works in translation, or explore Japanese literature in its original language. Discover the thought-provoking writings of Haruki Murakami, Yukio Mishima, or Banana Yoshimoto.
- Explore the sounds of Japan by listening to music from Japanese artists. Genres span from J-Pop and traditional enka to contemporary rock and electronic music. Enjoy Japanese films that provide a window into Japanese culture, history, and storytelling.
Where to Shop for Japanese Items, Books & Art
- Etsy: A marketplace for handmade and vintage items, Etsy offers a wide range of authentic Japanese crafts and art.
- Rakuten: One of Japan's largest online marketplaces, Rakuten Global Market provides access to various Japanese products, including fashion, beauty, and home goods.
- CDJapan: A leading online store for Japanese entertainment, CDJapan offers a vast selection of Japanese music, books, and movies.
- Surugaya: Known for its extensive collection of anime, manga, and gaming merchandise, Surugaya is a haven for collectors.
- Melonbooks: If you're into doujinshi, manga, and anime-related goods, Melonbooks is a must-visit online store.
- Animate Japan: Animate is a paradise for anime and manga fans, offering a wide selection of character goods and exclusive items.
- Mandarake: Mandarake specializes in used manga, anime, and collectibles, making it perfect for finding rare and vintage treasures.
- Sanrio Official Store: For fans of Hello Kitty and friends, explore the official Sanrio stores for an array of kawaii products.
- Ghibli Official Store: Discover the enchanting world of Studio Ghibli with merchandise from official Ghibli stores, featuring beloved characters from iconic films like "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Spirited Away."
Order Authentic Japanese Art with Forward2me
November 3rd is not just another day on the calendar; it's a celebration of the vibrant culture that Japan has to offer. Whether you're in Japan or thousands of miles away, you can participate in the festivities and appreciate the beauty of Japan's rich cultural heritage. So, why wait? With a Japanese shopping address from forward2me, Japan's unique artistic heritage, rich literature world, and modern-day pop culture are just a few clicks away.