Careers at forward2me
We currently have the following job opportunities:
Position: Warehouse Operative
Posted: 22 March 2018
Location: Garstang, PR3
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40.5 hours per week (five 7.5 hour shifts + 6 hours on Saturday once per fortnight)
forward2me.com, Europe’s leading International Parcel forwarding service, is looking for an enthusiastic Warehouse Operative to join the team. forward2me serves customers around the world helping them shop in the UK by receiving and exporting goods they have bought online in the UK and Europe. We’re the highest rated parcel forwarder with a 96% customer approval rating. We are growing fast and it’s an exciting and dynamic place to work with opportunities to develop skills and advance.
- Be part of a great, motivated, team who care about their work
- A friendly atmosphere and a buzzy place to work with paid for events like the Christmas party
- Privately owned and run by successful tech entrepreneurs who care about and look after their loyal staff
- The company is growing fast with opportunity for career growth and advancement for talented hard working employees
- Opportunity to earn overtime when we are busy
- Opportunities for advanced training such as training on shipping Dangerous Goods
- 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays
- Earn more holiday after two years’ service - up to 5 extra days.
In this interesting and fast moving role you’ll join our small and friendly export team where you will:
- receive and process packages and palletised shipments and prepare them for export using our online system
- arrange express courier shipping to countries all over the world at the click of a button
- serve and delight customers by solving their problems and exceeding their expectations
- communicate effectively by email and phone with customers, couriers and within the team
Please note that an intrinsic part of the role is manual handling of goods and the requirement to lift and move packages of all weights and sizes safely.
Skills and Experience
- be quick and comfortable with using computers and tablets
- be a competent user of the internet and online systems
- show good attention to detail
- have good verbal and written communication skills
- be organised
- have the ability to work effectively on your own and in a team
- take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
Any of the following would be an advantage
- experience of serving customers to the highest standards
- warehouse experience
- export experience
- courier and logistics industry experience
- experience using Microsoft Office.
Please apply with CV and covering letter -